40 P

Seeking advice for a project or do you want to share the outcome of one? Various technical tips and questions.
New Attitude

40 P

Post by New Attitude » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Hi,

Does anyone know the brand of deck organizer used on 2003 D 40 P? I need to supplement with for three more ropes, but cannot find any brand name on my deck organisers.

TimOnders

Post by TimOnders » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:13 pm

Not sure about your specific year and model, but I'm guessing Spinlock (that's what they used on the 34P in 2003/4). We went to a two-level organizer to bring a few more lines back to the cockpit.

Spinlock, Harken or Lewmar are the most likely manufacturers. They all have distinct appearances, so it should be pretty easy to match visually.

Cheers,
Tim

New Attitude

Post by New Attitude » Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:40 pm

TimOnders wrote:Not sure about your specific year and model, but I'm guessing Spinlock (that's what they used on the 34P in 2003/4). We went to a two-level organizer to bring a few more lines back to the cockpit.

Spinlock, Harken or Lewmar are the most likely manufacturers. They all have distinct appearances, so it should be pretty easy to match visually.

Cheers,
Tim

f94-mbe

Post by f94-mbe » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:08 am

It's Spinlock with 50 mm sheaves.

If you go about mounting a 2nd one, please post a few words or pics since I'll need to do a similar upgrade. I'm a bit concerned on how you fasten the 2nd one, if you need longer bolts and whether the nuts and washers are accessible from the interior etc.

/Mattias
D40P 2005 Anniversary Ed

New Attitude

Post by New Attitude » Tue Apr 12, 2016 11:47 am

f94-mbe wrote:It's Spinlock with 50 mm sheaves.

If you go about mounting a 2nd one, please post a few words or pics since I'll need to do a similar upgrade. I'm a bit concerned on how you fasten the 2nd one, if you need longer bolts and whether the nuts and washers are accessible from the interior etc.

/Mattias
Yes, they are. Ordered Spinclock T50, and they are the same. Have yet to fit them. Longer bolts needed - will keep you posted :-)

Benno

Post by Benno » Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:11 pm

http://boefamily.dk/dufour385/userpix/1 ... 0035_1.jpg

I uploaded a picture how I did it. It's the same configuration they use on the 40PP.
We used longer bolts.
From the inside it easy to acces by opening the small plates in the sealing of the main cabin at the front side under the deckorganisers.
You must very carefully cut the sealant because it's glued strongly and you must take care that it doesn't break.
After that it's simple
Benno Kleerekoper

New Attitude

Post by New Attitude » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:44 am

Benno wrote:http://boefamily.dk/dufour385/userpix/1 ... 0035_1.jpg

I uploaded a picture how I did it. It's the same configuration they use on the 40PP.
We used longer bolts.
From the inside it easy to acces by opening the small plates in the sealing of the main cabin at the front side under the deckorganisers.
You must very carefully cut the sealant because it's glued strongly and you must take care that it doesn't break.
After that it's simple
Thanks :-) Looking forward to getting started, but snowing this morning, so will have to wait till it melts...

New Attitude

Post by New Attitude » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:23 am

Spent 15 minutes adding/stacking new deck organizer. As Benno states: carefully cut sealant around panel, and piece of cake from there :D

The bolts for my existing organizer were 8x50mm, and substituting them with 8x80mm was a perfect match.

Now for adding a triple clutch :)