Duf 325 bowsprit

Seeking advice for a project or do you want to share the outcome of one? Various technical tips and questions.
Cote

Duf 325 bowsprit

Post by Cote » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:05 pm

Dear friends, I´m a happy owner of a GL325.
I wonder if any of you have got installed the standard bowsprit for asymetrical.
If so, would you pass me details of the manufacturer, model, etc...??
When I bought the boat I didnt take this option and now I´m missing a good bowsprit.
Grateful for your replies.

Mhorton44

GL325 Bowsprit

Post by Mhorton44 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:41 am

I have the factory fitted one on mine (2006 model). I think it is a Z-spar but will check the manufacturer when I go down to the boat and post anything I can find. However, any 75 mm sprit will work and there is lots of room to install the brackets.

I also installed the However, I am having some issues with interference with the anchor is on the roller. See the recent post on the general technical issues. for the time being, the anchor stays in the locker until I need it. Will modify the roller when the boat is hauled for the winter in late November.

Mhorton44

GL325 Bowsprit

Post by Mhorton44 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:42 am

I have the factory fitted one on mine (2006 model). I think it is a Z-spar but will check the manufacturer when I go down to the boat and post anything I can find. However, any 75 mm sprit will work and there is lots of room to install the brackets.

I also installed the However, I am having some issues with interference with the anchor is on the roller. See the recent post on the general technical issues. for the time being, the anchor stays in the locker until I need it. Will modify the roller when the boat is hauled for the winter in late November.

Mhorton44

GL325 bowsprit

Post by Mhorton44 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:29 pm

No identification on my bowsprit but the fittings are Harken. Pretty sure that the sprit is as well, based on the design of the bow bracket.