D40P - genoa sheet inhauler

Seeking advice for a project or do you want to share the outcome of one? Various technical tips and questions.
Coyote2.0

D40P - genoa sheet inhauler

Post by Coyote2.0 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:02 pm

Hello,

I'm new on this forum ... because I'm a happy new owner of a D40P. I take advantage of the season to think about improvements ...

On our sailboat, there are two "genoa sheet inhaulers", composed of a simple inox ring through which the sheet passes, connected by a vectan rope to the mast foot (cf. photo). Unfortunately, this lacks adjustment.

I'm thinking of replacing the ring with a low friction ring. But does anyone have any idea how to make an adjustable system (preferably from the cockpit), knowing that all the clamps on the deckhouse are used ?

Thank you in advance for your advice !

Christian
Attachments
IMG_8176.JPG
IMG_8176.JPG (119.18 KiB) Viewed 3000 times

Benno

Re: D40P - genoa sheet inhauler

Post by Benno » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:39 pm

at boatersresourceses.com they offer a Dufour 40 performance plus - 40'.
there are 2 photo's where you can see a good profession in-fucker construction.
Benno Kleerekoper

Milva

Post by Milva » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:29 am

Add clamps ...!?!
SY Milva

Many thanks to Michael for this forum.

TimOnders

Post by TimOnders » Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:29 am

Just add more rope clutches.

The mounting hardware for the rope clutches is covered by trim plates inside. The trim is fastened with silicone around the outside. It's a pain to remove and replace, but is completely doable (I've done it a few times on both sides). The backing pads in the deck molding are sized to take several more clutches each side (we have five on each side on our D34, and I think there's room for at least one more each side).

You will probably also need to upgrade the deck organizer. The mounting hardware for the deck organizers is similarly hidden in the salon. The original organizers (Spinlock, correct?) can accept a second tier of sheaves for more lines (just use the upper sheaves for less loaded lines - keep halyards to the bottom tier if you can). We added an additional 2-sheave organizer on each side (total of 10 lines coming from the mast to the cockpit)