International Dufour Grand Large and Dufour Performance Forum Forum Index International Dufour Grand Large and Dufour Performance Forum
For owners, users and anybody interested in the New Dufour Series. You are welcome to register and post!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ready to leave this group

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Dufour Grand Large and Dufour Performance Forum Forum Index -> Dufour Community - Dufour Grand Large & Dufour Performance Series
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcjglt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Ready to leave this group Reply with quote

Hi all,
After several years in this group and having posted plenty of messages, some of them probably boring I will leave this group in a near future.
I'm now over 70 years old, had some health problems during the last few years and reasonably I know I have to turn the page.
At this end of this month of November I sail my loved Dufour 375GL Bauhinia from Noumea to Newport - New South Wales - Australia, a last trip of 1 000 Nautical Miles and will sell her there.
I've spent the last years improving her, correcting what I considered as Dufour's conception defaults and of course sailing her with pleasure.
I wish the best to her future owner and I wish the best to all of you, owners of Dufour and hope you won't face too many problems and continue enjoying your beloved sailboat.

Michael Boe
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:37 pm    Post subject: Fair winds Reply with quote

Thanks for your great contribution to the forum. I am sure the future owners of Bauhinia will enjoy all your improvements made!
TimOnders

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all your contributions.

You know you don't have to leave us just because you will no longer own Bauhinia. Knowledge, wisdom and enthusiasm is always welcome.

Best regards,
Tim
jcjglt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TimOnders wrote:
Thank you for all your contributions.

You know you don't have to leave us just because you will no longer own Bauhinia. Knowledge, wisdom and enthusiasm is always welcome.

Best regards,
Tim

Thank you Tim, I will not leave you and will continue to read you, just dreaming of what I did before turning the page.
Kindest regards,
Jean-Claude - Bauhinia (by the way that's the name of the flower on the new flag of Hong Kong after it became Chinese in 1997 and where I spent three wonderful years of my life under her Gracious Majesty's rule).

JBWelna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Jean-Claude,

Oh No! I am sorry to hear that you will be selling Bauhini. From your many posts, I can tell that you truly loved and cared for her. Sailboats somehow seem to adopt their "caretakers" souls, and I am sure your spirit will always sail the seas with her.

Thanks for the great posts. They made me feel like I had a Dufour friend on the opposite side of the globe. It's a small world.

Have a wonderful voyage across the Coral Sea. Please share your experiences when you get back.

May you always have a fair breeeze and a gentle sea.

Joe Welna

jcjglt

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:21 am    Post subject: Leaving the group Reply with quote

Dear friends,
It took me a little more than one year to finally sell my boat, Bauhinia, a 2011 Dufour 375GL.
I want to tell you how much I've appreciated the help I have got from other members to solve the various problems I've met with my boat.
I must have also been a bit too much boring while posting about my problems and my feelings about the good boat and I appologize.
Anyway I'm now turning the page as my age does not allow me anymore to sail reasonably, one time in life for each activity...
I wish you all a nice sailing in the future.
Michael, please, unsubscribe me.
Kindest regards to all,
A sailboat-less old sailor,
Jean-Claude - SY Bauhinia

Post new topic   Reply to topic    International Dufour Grand Large and Dufour Performance Forum Forum Index -> Dufour Community - Dufour Grand Large & Dufour Performance Series All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: