Stanchion base (for 365 GL)

Seeking advice for a project or do you want to share the outcome of one? Various technical tips and questions.
Morten

Stanchion base (for 365 GL)

Post by Morten » Tue May 24, 2011 4:16 pm

Two of my stanchion bases have broken and I need some new ones. Unfortunately it doesn’t seem that this is a very common product and therefore, I would like to know if anyone knows where I can purchase these fittings. According to the Danish dealer it may take quite some time if I order them from the Dufour Yachts in France. I’ve also tried to google them but didn’t find any matches.
I’ll be grateful for any answer that could help me.
Morten Sylvest :(Image
My family and I have done a great deal of cruising with the boat and have among many other places sailed from Denmark to the Canaries and crossed the Atlantic twice. Now back in Denmark we are mostly bumping around in the South Funen Archipelago.

RichardMarston

Stanchion base

Post by RichardMarston » Sun Oct 14, 2012 5:19 pm

Hello Morton did you manage to find a supplier for your stanchion bases as I am also in need of two bases
Regards Richard
Richard marston

Val Matison

Re: Stanchion base

Post by Val Matison » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:41 pm

RichardMarston wrote:Hello Morton did you manage to find a supplier for your stanchion bases as I am also in need of two bases
Regards Richard
Hi, I own a Dufour 40 with the same stanchion base issue you have. I have made molds of the original stanchion base and now make my own. I make it with reinforced epoxy with a metal sleeve so it won't break where the pin goes into the base. I can't break these and have tried with great force. I make it pigmented gray to match the others.

If you would like to purchase some, please let me know. Each is $50 CAN - I live in Toronto - plus shipping. Order as many as you like and I will send them once they are made.

Ian White

Staunchion Bases

Post by Ian White » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:54 am

I need two staunchion bases for my Dufour 385 Grand Large. Any suggestions on a supplier would be most welcome.

Ian White

MeDu

Re: Stanchion base Dufour 40, 2003

Post by MeDu » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:19 pm

Looking for replacement stanchion base for Dufour 40, 2003. See attached photo. Recommendations?
Attachments
IMG_1943.jpg
IMG_1943.jpg (76.58 KiB) Viewed 204 times