Newbie in Norway

Brief introduction and comments/suggestions from users
New Attitude

Newbie in Norway

Post by New Attitude » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:53 am

Hi!
New to this forum and the world of Dufour. We (mum, dad and 13 year-old) bought our 2003 Dufour 40 Performance in August, and have so far been impressed by its capabilities. Bought in Stavanger (Norway), it took us 8 days to sail her up to her new home port just south of the Arctic Circle. We crossed some of the more infamous stretches of water along the Norwegian coast, and she handled well in winds up to 47 knts (probably above, too).
We have enjoyed building up miles on our Maxi 95 over the years, but this is a new world! 8) Our old Maxi carries the name of "Attitude", so the name of our new boat gave itself:
"New Attitude"

Hoping for more activity here in the future, and as the days up north are short and dark, one can but dream of spring and wind in the sails :D

angus spence

Newbie in Norway

Post by angus spence » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:39 pm

Welcome to the forum. I am also relatively new to Dufour ownership also, having purchased a Dufour 34 performance a year ago, almost to the day. I am very pleased with the build quality of the boat. I thought that I was far north at approx. 56 degrees, but now feel a bit warmer compared to your location.
Best Regards
Angus

Neal Faulkner

Hello

Post by Neal Faulkner » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:06 pm

Hello to Norway
Have you put your snow sails on
Happy sailing from sunny angelsey Wales
Neal & tee